- A project prepared by the consortium formed by Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH) and Diener Plasma GmbH & Co. KG from Germany and Koç University and iongenics from Turkey, was entitled to be funded. The project has a total budget of 522,000 Euro.
- Can Erkey attended the “The Effect of Hydrogen on the Energy Crisis and the Solution Process of Problems in Hydrogen Production” panel as a panelist at the 7th Battery Technologies Workshop organized by Aspilsan Enerji A.Ş.
- In a 2-day workshop organized by Prof. Dr. Can Erkey from Koç University and Dr. Deniz Şanlı from Ford-Otosan, Ford-Otosan R&D engineers gained fundamental theoretical and applied experience on PEM fuel cells.
Iongenics started to provide technical consultancy services to a 36-month defense industry project.
- Can Erkey gave a training titled “Hydrogen Production Methods” at the “Introduction to Hydrogen Technologies” training program organized within the scope of the BEST for Energy project carried out by İzmir Development Agency (İZKA) in partnership with the Energy Industrialists and Businessmen Association (ENSİA).
- A research article has been published in the journal Catalysts, with contributions from researchers from South Africa, the United States, and Turkey, on the development of hydrogenation and dehydrogenation catalyst materials, which are important for liquid organic hydrogen carriers (LOHC), by supercritical deposition (SCD) method.
- A review article examining the supercritical fluid reactive deposition (SFRD) method for the synthesis of catalysts used in fuel cells and electrolyzers has been published in the journal Chemical Engineering and Processing – Process Intensification.
- Iongenics’ TÜBİTAK 1512 BiGG project has been successfully completed.
- Erdal Uzunlar attended the “Hydrogen and Fuel Cell as a Solution to Global Warming” panel as a panelist at the 6th Battery Technologies Workshop organized by Aspilsan Enerji A.Ş.
- Can Erkey has been accepted as a full member of the Academy of Sciences.
- The iongenics team provided a training on carbon dioxide capture, use and storage (CCUS) to an export-oriented company producing process chemicals in Turkey.
- Iongenics moved to its new address in Teknopark İzmir.
- A book titled “Synthesis of Nanostructured Materials in Near and/or Supercritical Fluids: Methods, Fundamentals and Modeling”, co-authored by Can Erkey, about technologies that can be used in the synthesis of nanostructured catalyst materials in fuel cell and electrolyzer systems was published by Elsevier.
- Can Erkey gave a speech on Hydrogen Fuel Technologies at the International Automotive Engineering Conference (IAEC).
- Iongenics provided a training on carbon dioxide capture, use and storage (CCUS) to one of the chlor-alkali companies in Turkey.
- Iongenics started to provide consultancy services to one of the process design and chemical plant manufacturing companies in Turkey.
- Can Erkey presented the study “Nanostructured Aerogels for Hydrogen Economy: PEM Electrolyzer and Fuel Cell Applications” at the International Energy Chemistry and Engineering Congress held in Chengdu, China.
- Dr. Gamze Eriş joined Iongenics as a Senior Research Engineer.
- Iongenics gave an interview to journalist Didem Eryar Ünlü from Dünya Newspaper.
- Can Erkey and Erdal Uzunlar from the iongenics team were panelists and moderators, respectively, in the “Hydrogen Technologies” panel at the AIChE Unity event, which was jointly prepared by Koç University, Istanbul Technical University (ITU) and Middle East Technical University (METU) AIChE Student Chapters.
- The registration of the iongenics brand was obtained.
- Can Erkey made a presentation on “Hydrogen, the Fuel of the Future” at the Powertech event organized by the Çankaya University IEEE Student Branch Power and Energy Association.
- Can Erkey made a presentation titled “Hydrogen for Sustainability” at the SustainAbility event organized by Koç University AIChE Club.
- Can Erkey gave a training on “Hydrogen Energy” at the Izmir Energy Summit. The training covered the importance of hydrogen, hydrogen production technologies, the use of hydrogen in energy storage, electricity generation from hydrogen and hydrogen safety.
- The iongenics website was launched.
- Iongenics’ TÜBİTAK 1512 BiGG project started.
- Iongenics started to operate in the Teknopark İzmir Incubation Center.
- Iongenics appeared at KWORKS’20 Demo Day.
- The first investor meetings have started.
- Iongenics was established in Teknopark İzmir with the support of TÜBİTAK 1512 BiGG.